Cooler Box 120L
– Big trip camping: XL capacity (120l) ideal for family and group trips
– Group festival trips: Pool your resources (and bottles) in one big box
– Fishing: Size up your catch with the lid-moulded ruler before boxing it. Non-slip feet come into their own on slippery decks and shorelines
– Easy transport: Stashes securely into the backs of cars, SUVs, coaches, motorhomes, trailers, caravans and galleys
– Night usage: Bright yellow exterior helps ensure you see your Firefly Cooler before you stumble over it – and it’s less likely that you’ll leave it behind
– Beach and river trips: Secure seals keep out the water, sand and mud
– Extreme conditions: Thanks to a rugged yet lightweight build
– Cater in safety: Fully approved food-grade shell – essential reassurance for BBQ, picnics and catered events
The cooler box from Firefly has 4cm thick polyurethane insulation, which is then encased in raw food grade plastic, to keep it nice and cold for days.
Long Catch Ruler
Featuring a catch ruler that spans 75cm (28.5in) you’ll be able rule your catch and store it straight away without any fuss.
Easy To Carry
With moulded plastic handles & rubber latches, its easy to carry and you won’t lose anything inside while your moving it around.
Best Performance Tips
Pre-chill before usage
Where possible, line your cooler with a layer of crushed ice the night before usage. At the same time, chill your food and drink before adding it to the box.
Use solid ice for keeping the contents cool
While crushed ice works well for giving pre-cooling the box, solid or cubed ice is better for the job of keeping food cooler for longer. This is because you can fit more of it into the available space – i.e. more ice and less air.
Place the food/drink inside the cooler before the ice.
Cold air travels downwards. So load your drinks/food first; then the ice. Pack in as much ice as possible – as this will displace the warmer air.
Keep out of the sun
Ice will stay intact for significantly longer if the cooler is kept in the shade. Be aware also that a tent, caravan and car boot can all get a lot hotter than the outside temperature. Where possible store your cooler outside and out of the sun.
Keep closed when not in use
Consider using a separate cooler if you are going to be in and out frequently for drinks, reserving a separate box for infrequently accessed, perishable food. Close over the box tightly once you’ve taken out what you need.
Caring for your cooler
A large plug on the Firefly Cooler makes it simple to drain. Clean using mild soap and warm water. Air dry thoroughly before storing to avoid mold and mildew.